Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ex-Girlfriend Quiche

Funny name, right? Well, out of the many things I learned in my relationship with Amanda, I believe the most important thing I took away from it was her fabulous and EASY quiche recipe. So, thanks Amanda!

Ingredients

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs, beaten
8 oz. shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar and colby-jack)
10 oz. chopped spinach, well drained
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 pie shell

Add as many other vegetables you'd like. I usually add broccoli, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.

Saute onions (until soft and translucent) and any other vegetables you're going to add (excluding the spinach).

Whisk together all ingredients, pour into pie shell. Place pie shell onto cookie sheet, cover quiche with foil (sprayed with Pam so it doesn't stick).

Bake in oven for forty-five minutes. Remove cover, and bake for another ten - fifteen minutes, or until the top is golden brown and filling is set.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great recipe; your mom gave it to me to fiix for a banquet! Yummy

    ReplyDelete